Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's punching Jim, but not as we know it

Last week a friend of mine was talking about a card she was making, a punch art Spock, and the following discussion about Red Shirts got me to thinking about doing my own Star Trek card. After a little thinking I realised I had the perfect colours to do the three different shirt colours that they used in the latter series, and with punch art still in my mind I thought of using the tag punch to creat the body of the shirt. And, well, this card was born:
The card is pretty simple, although I suspect some are thinking that it looks like a lot of fiddling around. Creating the shirts was actually really easy, I stamped a Large Tag punch in black and the one in colour for each shirt. To get the triangle of black at the bottom I used the Large Tag punch to cut the section out of the coloured tag, as you can see below:

I then cut about 1cm off the top of the tag, cutting just below the point where the tag tapers to the top.


The communicator badge was painted on using a blender pen and shimmer paint.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Basic Black, brushed Silver, Real Red, More Mustard, Island Indigo
Stamp set: Short & Sweet
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Large Tag punch, Word Window punch, 3/16" corner rounder punch, blender pen, white shimmer paint, gold shimmer paint, dimensionals

1 comment:

Annette J. said...

What a fun card!! One any Trekkie would be thrilled to receive!