Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wisteria Season


This time of year in Australia wisteria trees are well in bloom. It such a sign of summer, and from living in Queensland it makes me think of test cricket at the Gabba, closely followed by Christmas. And clearly, I have a thing for purple on Christmas cards ;) I was still wanting to play with the scroll look of the Letterpress Winter set, and since it shares this style with the Wintertime set I decided it was time to combine them. To make this card I inked the pattern of the Wintertime set with VersaMark, carefully avoiding the words, stamped it on Wisteria Wonder and embossed it in white. I then stamped the greeting from the Letterpress Winter set between in Wisteria Wonder ink. The largest die in the Apothecary Accents set fits this design well, though it is longer. To help fill the void I thought a pierced edge would work well. The background was done the same way as with the Flowering Filigree card.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder, Vellum, Whisper White
Stamp set: Letterpress Winter, Wintertime
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, VersaMark
Accessories: Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border punch, Apothecary Accents die, dimensionals, white embossing powder, paper piercing tool, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Filigree Frame embossing folder

No comments: