Saturday, January 03, 2015

Irresistibly Rainbow

Happy New Year everyone! Hope your year is off to a great start :D

I've shared a couple of projects that use the Celebrate Today set from the up-coming Occasions catalogue, and now it's time to show you something from the Sale-a-bration catalogue that also launches on January 6th.

I have once again used Celebrate Today, but how about that background paper? It's from a pack called Irresistibly Yours, which you can get for free during Sale-a-bration when you place a qualifying order. The fantastic thing about this paper is it is clear glossy designs printed on white, so you can colour it any way you want to coordinate with whatever colours you have in your project (essentially, you can do emboss resist without the embossing!). Although for this I sponged the background first and then sorted out what I was going to put with it, hehehehe. I decided I didn't want much on the front, to let the background show off... and the background is pretty busy, so I kept it pretty simple again. It's probably hard to tell from the photo (had a bit of trouble getting a good shot!), but the dots on the balloon are rhinestones that I coloured with Blendabilities.

When I make a card I usually make two at the same time, I feel it's a bit quicker than creating two cards from scratch. Invariably I am making a card for an up-coming need, and by making two I have one to use straight away and then one on hand. This time however, the card was actually the secondary idea for this background. My original thought was this:

Yay, awesome new phone cover! When I first got my phone years ago I got a clear case for it with the idea that I could use patterned paper under it and have something unique (and a bit fancy). I hadn't changed it for a while, but once I saw this paper in the Sale-a-bration catalogues I thought I would just have to do it now, and have something truly unique (well, unless someone CASEs it!)

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White
Stamp set: Celebrate Today
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant (phew!)
Accessories: Irresistibly Yours DSP, Balloon Framelit dies, Rhinestone jewels, Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Melon Mambo Blendabilities, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, Wild Wasabi Blendabilities, Coastal Cabana Blendabilities, Marina Mist Blendabilities, Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities, sponge dauber, dimensionals,Whisper White Baker's Twine (again, phew!)

3 comments:

Laura Borchert said...

Love love love this card! Did you create that look with sponge daubers or with Blendabilties? Did you use a cardboard guide or just go for it? I can't wait to try this out! I LOVE bright colors! Thank you so much for sharing! ~Laura

Rachael Knight said...

Ooh, I like it I like it! Now I just have to try and source a plain cover for my phone. Thanks for the fabulous idea Carol! Love the card too, what a stunning effect.

Carol Dunstan said...

sorry for the late reply Laura, I didn't see that I had comments awaiting moderation. I did indeed use sponge daubers, made it easier to get in so many colours. And I just eyeballed the lines, trying to keep in a diagonal row (which is not easy for the first since it's all white!)