Monday, November 30, 2015

Delicate Pastel Ornaments

Last week I showed you another Delicate Ornaments card. This week I will show you what I did with the other pieces from those ornaments.


I kept the styling very similar to the matching ornament cards, but since the ornament frame was white I used a coloured background instead. I think I like these ones slightly more than their counterparts, I think it's the multiple colours in the ornaments themselves, but think both types come out really pretty. However, these ones were a bigger headache to make... if you think about it, with the other ones I was popping the white pieces straight out and into the coloured frame. So all those pieces from the coloured frames had to have already come out right? And I wasn't thinking terribly clearly when I did that. This is what I was working with for these cards:


What a mess! At least after a little while I stopped looking for specific pieces and just randomly picked up pieces to see if their shape could quickly tell me where they went. Eventually I caved to the idea that I should have done when popping them out of their frames: keep the colours separated. Oh well, I got there in the end! Here are all 6 cards finished:


I did "stuff up" a little when putting these together, as I had planned to put those ornaments with a lot of blue on the green background and vice versa, but I shuffled things around a bit too much and didn't realise till I had already stuck most of them down. Another "Oh well"! They still look nice, just not exactly what I had planned.

Colours and supplies are the same as the Pastel Delicate Ornaments.

No comments: