Friday, November 20, 2015

Minimalist Rudolph

One very popular set that is on the Holiday catalogue retiring list is Wonderland, which was the basis of today's card.


When I first saw this set my eyes quickly caught onto the antler image and I immediately thought of Hannibal. Fans of the show will know what I mean! I'm sure at some point in my future I will make a Hannibal related card with this stamp, but that was not my inspiration today. I'd seen a few cards like this on Pinterest, firstly Billie Moan and then Dani Dziama (who had actually inspired Billie). Then this week I saw a kids shirt with something similar while out shopping. Like all of these, I wanted to keep my card mostly white, but also wanted subtle interest in the background and a touch of gold. The Winter Wonderland washi tape with the flecks of gold was perfect to edge the sides of the card with, and worked nicely with the Softly Falling embossing folder. I even edged the inside of the card with the washi tape to dress it up a little as well. With a fuzzy nose cut from the Real Red pompom trim, don't you just want to give his nose a little rub?


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: